Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you have a child that plays for a summer program? Just wondering.
Absolutely not - all are now beyond the High School years and well established in college (Boston College and Stanford). You will always see BOTC stress academics over athletics when it comes to the college selection process.

I can only tell you from experrience that the girls on the teams below blue and gold do not get the attention, training or tournament play the blue and gold get.
Get the attention of whom? College coaches will naturally gravitate to stronger talent that demonstrates interest in their programs, but we can also tell you that a well orchestrated campaign by a player/parent to showcase will yield more than sufficient college attention even without the "blue or gold" label. Ultimately, college recruitment comes down to the individual player, not the team for which you play. You can argue this fact, but college coaches do not recruit "teams", they recruit players to put together their own teams.

As for coaching attention inside the club, one would expect that the non-"blue and gold" teams would have less experienced coaches. This is true in any sport where the player works their way up to a tougher level of training and, in theory, more demanding coaching.

To the contrary in our case we were treated disrespectfully when we questioned and our daughters playing time cut. There does not seem to be the incentive for anyone, outside the individual team coach, to help these girls improve or move up.
Aside from the team coach, who else would share in this responsibilty? The parents and player have a role in this equation also.

Again this is only one person's experience, not necessarily the case for all but you will see a lot of people defending yj who 1. have a childe on blue or gold, or 2. are on a lower team by choice to avoid pressure etc.
We value the diversity of experiences and BOTC is sorry that you are not making the Yellow Jackets program work for you. If you want some additional suggestions and ideas, we are more than willing to help here or on the college board.

Regarding attention I am referring to the directors. Regarding speaking up, I am referring to the directors. The directors are the problem.