Originally Posted by Anonymous
HS coaches/assistants should not be allowed to coach travel teams in any sport, it makes the entire tryouy process a joke, yj/express lacrosse, cgi baseball etc., try playing for one of the high schools whose coach is affiliated with one of the "feeder" travel programs while you play for another traverl team, you have to pay homage($$) to my travel program/clinic/camp before you can be considered for my HS team, - i heard that some schools may actually be instituting this policy already and that others are taking a hard look at it - thoughts anyone?
I also thought that was the norm. Last year my daughter had a very bad experience with the politics of lacrosse. a major contributor to high level club had the high school coach in his back pocket, and used his influence to get a girl to a try out ,and onto a team my daughter wasn't even invited to attend. To be honest both players are very good ad I'm not saying she didn't deserve the shot, what i am saying is my daughter should have been given the opportunity to at least compete.
This year, with a new coach, that coaches for yet another rival club, I thought the same was going to happen. A girl from the coaches club and my daughter were competing for the same spot and i thought, here we go again. But to my surprise, the rival coach gave my daughter the spot because she deserved it and worked very hard for it.
So in short this coach restored my faith in the game, and sense of fare play. Not every one has gone off the deep end.So I hope this little ditty helps everyone understand its not alway about what club you play for, its about being dedicated , putting in the work, and being fare.
Please try to remember that all these girls are some ones daughter, and if yours plays on the best team or for the best club ever devised, you can be proud of her without degrading someone else's club of choice, besides any of these girls from any club, could run circles around any parent