Originally Posted by Anonymous
I want you to think about this, the four players Coach Spallina brought over from adelphi were past over by D-1 teams. Look at the impact these girls have on this program.I believe coach Spallina well changes the women's game forever. His insight to the game is unbelievable, he could very be the next Belichick of women's game. I will check in in a few year to see if I'm right

Were they passed over or did they decide to go to D2? Change the game forever? they are not even a top ten team much less a top twenty. If you know any thing about D1 lax you know there is a huge gap between a #1-2 team and a #5-6 team then again a huge gap to 10 or eleven. A team sitting outside the top 20 has a long, long way to go. All the teams in the top 20 play the hardest ranked schedules, sbu at the begining of the year had the 76th ranked schedule which goes a long way in the win column. If they played the schedule NC, NU, FL, SYC, or MD played they would have a losing record. The better comparison is Cathy Riess or Kelly amonte, they are actually more successful in this sport than belicheck is in football. Could he put together a competitive program? Maybe but right now he is more on par with eric mangini than belicheck, hasn't done anything yet and has a long way to go.