Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Personally i think it was a silly move to have 2 blue etc. and I think the players who believe they deserve the blue label do resent it a little. I also think the kids who are on the lower level (for lack of a better name) blue team are not that comfortable with the situation either.In the end most people who care will know which blue team is the higher level team and the names will not matter much, To be honest I rarely know what color of other clubs means what, too many teams too many colors to keep track.

With the many clubs at the tournament all the colors can get confusing. YJ's however have been around are well recognized in the color structure of the teams. Now that's gone. I can see no good logic for this move. I guess it takes the off color stigma away from the lower teams if you consider that good logic. But it certainly takes away from the blue, gold label.

In the end it will not matter. Everyone will know the level of the teams through the name of the coach - for example YJ 20XX Blue Smith. Remember at the recent tournaments they used long island beaches and everyone knew the top team. Having said that, it will not be a surprise if they go back to the old color system within the next couple of years.