Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cage sage I should clarify my statement- long island is one of the hotbeds for girls lax. More opportunity for lax girls from here than soccer girls scholarship wise. I don't know the exact # of girls that are going for soccer this year but maybe u r aware of the number

The person who posted this is a loser, and I fell bad for your daughter.

dear anonymous - please clarify why you think anonymous is a loser, what he/she said made sense to me if I am understanding correctly, because Long Island is a hot bed of lacrosse potential scholarship opportunities are greater then girls from others parts of the country except maybe Maryland, as opposed to soccer scholarship opportunities are better in other parts of the country then long island. hotbeds like Portland and St Louis
BOTC agrees that the original statement was certainly reasonable - the level of competition on Long Island and the national recognition of clubs allows Long Island, Yellow Jackets and otherwise, to maintain a prominant role on the national scene. Due to this, Long Island clubs can and do get additional exposure and opportunities to be seen.

Now, despite the chatter over the last week, the Yellow Jackets have long coat-tails here that have actually helped other girls clubs that sport the "Long Island" moniker. Of course, other fine clubs including the Liberty and Top Guns have presented themselves well on the recruiting scene.

Quite frankly, the "loser" comment was a pitch in the dirt - no reason to even give it a second thought. We can cover the lacrosse vs. soccer debate on the girls side in a subsequent posting.