Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I always had a feeling that the club looked at what high schools the girls went to as a way to determine what teams they were assigned to. At the tryouts there were girls who played awesome who didn't make the top two teams but they weren't from the powerhouse high schools. The only reasoning i can see is that the YJ realize that if a girl is from a good lax hs they can be pretty confident that they will be getting some good coaching during the other seasons.

That may be true some of the time, but I know a handful of girls from my small, non-powerhouse town who play/ed on the Blue team back when it was clear what a Blue team was. I also know a few who were on Yellow and now I'm not sure if they're still Yellow or the new Blue.

Truth is anywhere you get three people together for any reason you create politics. Ask any mom, this is why we don't like playdates of three. Are politics in sports right? Not really. But it's never going to change so it's best to learn the ropes, sidestep a
way when you can and work within the reality of the organization.

So true!! I never come on here bc I find that most people who are on here when they are getting what they want back the directors and their actions. However; once something is done we don't appreciate with we go against the organization. Truth be told not everyone is going to agree with everything but as adults if we take a step back and watch our children's reactions to things without our input we will find its far different then ours. I have sat on the sidelines and watched parents scream at their kids...have their kids tell coaches they want to play different positions with hopes of getting more playing time...even have players follow coaches in hopes of getting on their good side. While this player is miserable bc her parent is embarrassing her, she wants to play the position she wants, and her friends are swimming I the pool at the hotel while she is forced to do otherwise!! If we as parents let our kids take the lead in sports with an occasional kick in the butt you will see the difference...your child will want to practice more bc it's not a chore and will develop and grow into an outstanding athlete but furthermore a well adjusted adult. Let your children accept failure but work hard to improve upon it so it doesn't happen again. Stop blaming politics and coaches yes it does happen and in a perfect world the right players wind up on the right team bc of talent not because of personality or parents. But the reality of this is it will never change so you can think the grass is greener on the other side but it isn't let your child decide whether it not they are happy with the organization and coach w/o your input you will find 99% of them are!!