Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the issue that is the root of the back and forth.

YJ supporters feel the youth club experience has mostly to do with winning. Especially the Championship format tournaments previously posted even if it means players don't get a chance to play at those games.
YJ detractors feel the youth club experience should be about allowing every player to experience the field during these same tournaments and allow them to become seasoned so as to improve their game.

Any Thoughts?

My thought is you have no idea what you are talking about. I have yet to meet any parent of a child who plays travel lacrosse that does not want their child's team to win. Within each organization different teams take different approaches to achieve this.I have seen TG , Suffolk All-Stars ,MD, etc play games where certain kids never come off the field ,and when one of those teams have success the other teams all say the same nonsense. "If we had only played our best players we would have won but that is ridiculous at that age" or something like it.Some YJ teams play kids equal time some do not just like every other organization out there.