Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think that the YJ parents who yell nasty and obnoxious things at tryouts and on the game sidelines, encourage dirty play and brag incessantly about the greatness of their teams and players, are poor ambassadors for the club. If the YJ want to improve their reputation, perhaps they should encourage respect and behavior that honors the game. While this is not reflective of all the YJ parents of course (or just the YJ for that matter), there are quite a few YJ parents (and players) who help foster this reputation. If you're good, you're good. Let the kids play a fair game, enjoy the competition and be a class act.

I am a YJ parent and some of your points are valid. What you need to take into account is there are about 600 YJ girls playing. That is roughly 1200 parents! Yes, with that many people, some will be jerks! I myself have rolled my eyes a few times, but most of the people are great! They care about the other kids and parents. The kids get treated with respect from their coaches and have fun. The kids themselves are even better! An unbelievable amount of honor students! You can tell by the schools these kids are attending. I think everyone needs to relax with the blanket statements about any club! Every team within the clubs have a different coach and dynamic anyway. Whether you like the style of coaching or not, you can't argue with the success of the kids that came from the Yellow Jackets! The kids not only have success on the club level but look at how great these kids are doing in college . (even the Northwestern girls!). At the High School level, look at the 3 LI champions, GC, Northport and Mt. Sinai are chock full of YJ's.Obvously they are doing something right. There is no need to diminish the accomplishments and success of the program or the girls just because you play somewhere else. That goes both ways! I am sure there are many people who are happy at other clubs and that is great! For people looking to get into summer travel, you should try out for a couple of teams. See where your kid lands and where they are comfortable. Ask about those specific coaches and kids and then make your decision. All the Venom and slander only carries over to the field and it makes for a real negative enviroment that the kids should not be exposed to. Try to enjoy your summer!

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Modified quotation range