Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

I understand your point. But that’s not this guy. Believe me

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

You should be happy that he's there, the Majet team would be in shambles without him. I don't think he'd be so hands on if he didn't have to be, but CR will fix that eventually. Sad when selflessness gets you ripped online.

Not the original poster but here’s my take

Team dad is a nice guy who does a lot. I would agree he probably shouldn’t be coaching.

Majet is a terrible coach. She has no idea how to relate to 4th grade girls. And she certainly has no interest in making every girl on her team a better lacrosse player. What’s funny is that for such a “tough” coach she can’t even address the parents on the team. She makes team dad do it.