Class A

Mamaroneck over White Plains 15-5: Great season for WP but they are overmatched in this one. Not much to see here Mamaroneck will get to the finals comfortably.

Carmel over Scarsdale 13-10: This is going to be a great game. Scarsdale lost their FOGO but returned their best guy on offense. I am taking Carmel because I don’t think Scarsdale can stop Carmel’s top guys. I think it will be close because Scarsdale is coming off a 3 peat and has some guys with championship experience. Carmel knows how to win too though with their championship experience in football and their talent will put them over the edge.

Class D

Pleasantville over Haldane 17-5: Haldane has some good individual talent but it’s playoff time. Pleasantville is a veteran team and knows how to play in big games. This is a determined group.

Bronxville over Westlake 12-11: This is going to be the best semifinal game in Section 1. Complete coin flip game for me. Both teams are around the same skill level when comparing the rosters. Westlake is undefeated against a cupcake schedule but they have legit players. Bronxville has played some quality teams and has taken their lumps which helps prepare them for this moment. Bronxville has the edge at goalie and coach so I will take them. Not very confident in this pick at all as Bronxville has struggled with Westlake in previous years (2017-2018).

Class B

Somers over Horace Greeley 17-11: I am predicting a shoot out in this one. Somers has a lot of D1 talent on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense can be vulnerable though. Greeley will need to try to win in a shoot out because I don’t trust their defense at all. I don’t think Greeley is ready yet, they are a year away. They are also facing an uphill battle because the Somers fogo is legit. Somers also has lots of championship experience from football and Greeley has never won anything of note.

Yorktown over Lakeland 9-7: I want to pick Lakeland here but I don’t have the guts to do it. Yorktown has legitimate problems offensively, they struggle to score at times. Their offense had a good pick me up versus Mahopac but we need to see if they can do it versus a worthy opponent. I think physically Lakeland matches up well with Yorktown but beating the Huskers is a mental game. They are Yorktown's younger brother and they have come close many times but can’t get over that hump. Going to be a great game and can’t wait to watch the rematch.

Class C

John Jay over Hen Hud 13-5: John Jay is coming off a too close for comfort game versus Pearl River. I think there are concerns on the defensive end for Jay. They are a veteran team and will make the adjustments. Their FOGO is also one of the best in the section which will allow them to play make it take it.

Rye over Tappan Zee 15-9: Rye has been a weird team this year and have been underwhelming in my opinion. They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball but have been struggling to put it together. Tappan Zee is no slouch but I think Rye’s talent will be too overwhelming. I think it will be close early but Rye will run away in the second half.