Originally Posted by Anonymous
EN 2024 Katonah "B" had a tough time last year with some blowouts during the fall and in June but became much more competitive in July. the "A" team (which they call "AA") was pretty good but there was/is a huge gap in talent... Also... i think there was an issue with 2024 B team coach last year, I think his name was Doller, Heard from one parent that he missed at least one tournament and that the team was coached by a backup. Whatever the issue, their son tried out for EN 2024 again in July so they seem to be satisfied with the program.

My son was on the 2024 Express North B team and they had two coaches this summer Coach Doller and Coach Thorton with a college player assistant--Coach Matt?, not sure who would be considered a backup. My son developed to the point that he was asked to play on the A team this season along with a few other kids from that team. You need to be realistic because kids develop at different speeds, have varying athleticism and aptitude. My son was actually considered a late bloomer, which I think is nuts, he just turned 13.