Originally Posted by Anonymous
let me be clear- all those points above are valid however, i am focusing on the younger age teams. at some point middle school maybe, it makes sense to play club lacrosse if your end goal is college lacrosse. here is the dilemma i see in westchester right now , too many club teams, not enough "A" players. however programs like Primetime will take their 3/4 team down to long island and get demolished. its not as if we dont have the high quality players, we do, its just that we dont have as many. primetime 3/4 last year got beat something like 160 goals against 50 goals scored. that cannot possibly be a good experience for most players. if you have a quality town team, that is a big if, then why not keep those kids together for as long as possible, put them in the B brackets and let them have a chance at winning while also teaching them . no reason you still cant pay for higher level coaching

No we all know politics plays its part on both travel and Town. Did politics have anything to do with why the PT team was not as strong as it could have been? Additionally, don't fall into the trap of because you are the best team in Westchester you need to play the best teams and tournaments on LI. Call out to a few LI teams and have a friendly. Invite them up and treat for Pizza. See what you have after you do this 2 or 3 times you will know where you stand.

I am all for challenging your team and players, you never want to be the best; you always want to work for what you get. At the same time you never want to out class your team and players where they are out of their league and get demoralized. Because sometimes your best isn't good enough, and that is okay, you just dont need to be reminded every weekend.