Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for mentioning that you played in college. As if that has any current relevance.

Actually it totally makes all the revelance because someone who's been there can see it with a different perspective that a [ChillLaxin] such as yourself

It really doesn't make a difference. I played in college, yet understand all of the nuances of baseball by observing the game. If I didn't continually improve my knowledge of the game, what I learned on the field would be almost irrelevant. One thing people need to stop getting hung up on are coaches playing credentials. One of the coaches I learned the most from (when I began coaching) never played the game of lacrosse. He was a football player who immersed himself in lacrosse and is simply the best varsity coach I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, great motivator, even handed--no special treatment, etc. So, regardless of a coaches playing experience, observe how a guy runs a practice, how he communicates, how the kids play for him. Then judge.

This is so true. If a kid is intimidated and is not motivated they gain nothing but self doubt. An encouraging coach can make or break a kids development for any sport