Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yorktown goalie could be the best in the area. Makes tough saves, very strong on low shots. I assume he also plays hockey. Lakeland v Yorktown should be a good game but I think Lakeland is over rated. Who have they played?

both Lakeland(Panas) and Yorktown are overrated. Love the two school combined motto, not! All three schools should be B schools playing each other. Imagine if two LI High schools combined as one team. Smithtown East + West or Sachem East + North. (oh wait there is Middle country Newfield and Centerreach no excuse at close to 1200 kids in each school)

I've never heard the two school combined motto.

Rebels

I have never heard a rational explanation as to why they have a combined team. Its always been a thriving, winning program, and the youth program appears to be excellent and well attended. In hockey you have issues concerning access to ice time and costs that may cause a district to have a combined team even though interest may be there to have a team at each school (Clarkstown hockey is an example of this). But it doesn't make sense in lacrosse. All other combined teams in all sports seem to only exist when participation and competitiveness is poor. Why not have a Lakeland team and a Panas team.

It is done at the option of each school. They elected to have a merged team years ago and have stuck with it. Having another good to very good team to compete against each year is not a bad thing for the other teams in Westchester.