Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watched the Yorktown game on hudl....WOW.

If this is a "down" Darien team as some have said, just WOW. This game wasn't close. Darien was faster, more skilled, better coached, more talented...all of it. The Darien long-poles are the best collective unit I have seen and the ball movement on offense is at a very high level. The only team I have seen that I think can play with them is Rye and I don't think that would be particularly close. I don't think this is a great Yorktown team but it's not a bad one. Darien was something else.

Next up a "down" Wilton team (although the loss to Step tells me they are down).
I'd say this is not a down Darien team -- probably standard/slightly above average by their standards (if not a vintage, elite edition). They came inot the season missing two starting attackmen (including Pokorny, who is a top 5 player nationally IMO) and their top defenseman, so they were rusty and got off to a slow start, but they're rounding into form.

If they played Fairfield Prep (who is solid this year) again today, there's no doubt they would beat them. And while they're not as good as Brunswick, I think that would have been a tight game if they'd played them a week later than they did.