Ok. Maybe you know more than I do abt previous coach at Horace Greeley HS. Certainly I don’t know the details and you seemingly do. I just look at the record. I don’t understand the comment though that the previous coach took a middling program to places it hadn’t been in years prior?? Greeley was good back in the 90s and some decent yrs in mid 2000s but it hasn’t been good since. Fact. Thus my statement that the previous decade was sub par, and yes I believe it starts and ends with the coach. Somers is a good example too. They needed new leadership and I suspect they will be a better team this year because of it.

I am not even in the district though and not sure why I am defending a team I am indifferent about. But my son will actually play Horace Greeley once again this year, we will lose, and I expect HG is better than last yr and a real contender for Sectional title.

Honestly though, not sure what you mean by taking them to places they haven’t been in yrs prior??? Like he took them to the playoffs? Virtually every team makes the playoffs, I just know 5 yrs ago with my oldest that the Greeley game was marked as a win before it happened, whereas this season I expect Greeley will be winning a lot of games and beating us.

Maybe you meant that the coach took them to a restaurant they have never been too? Ha. Anyway, all good and not sure why so defensive about yrs past, I just remember being told that Greeley program was not run well, and this year my understanding is team is better than last yr and just seems like it is turning around with new leadership. Let’s move forward, Happy holiday