Originally Posted by Anonymous
I THINK DIRECTOR OF tristate mike bocklet is a world class guy and obviously hello of a player, but, the problem I see at that program is the way they position themselves in the lax universe, they play B tourneys against b/c teams and even though their teams at the younger levels are as good or as bad as the younger teams in Westchester like express or primetime, they will struggle to attract the players who are looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, while I realize that pot of gold may never exist for some players or even most players , but it is what drives parents to craziness of travel lacrosse. even his 2020, 2019, 2018, etc teams all play in low level tourneys with zero chance of any scout ever being there. so why pay 1500-2000 dollars when you can pay less for the same with programs like warriors, ballers, etc... meaning town style programs
Everything you say is true, and I think for certain grade years can really only play tournaments based on talent. I would love to hear feedback about what their quality of instruction is? PrimeTime (especially) and Express North have become more about early recruitment than anything else. Team lacrosse is not in their vocabulary, watch the athletic middie go 1 on 2, and then shoot anyway & anywhere. So I think TriState and perhaps others can and should fill a niche for parents and players who aren't looking for the pot of gold in 7th and 8th grade but instead a solid summer team where players actually get better.