Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2 way looked as big as any other team and had a very respectable tourney - 3-3, did not by any stretch get blown out or embarrassed, Preds on the other hand is a different story obviously as 2 way beat them 8-0

2Way have been practicing since February and came in ready to play. Westchester Predators seemed to lack depth and had no FoGo, They used a long pole at face-offs and weren't prepared.

Practicing since Feb? Decent teams have been together for years with on-age kids. 2way has a failed formula- relies on holdbacks until WSYL when they have to grab kids to make a team. You cannot win against good teams by grabbing lesser talent to make a temporary team. They looked good to me but a step below the A teams. They went 1-3 on day 1 and then won consolation games against bad teams- including Preds. I grant you point they didn't get wrecked. I also agree- these 2Way and Preds teams aren;'t close to equal. But both 24 teams way worse than past 23's, especially Preds. Seems best players in area on PT, Express North and Eclipse. last years North and eclipse teams didnt come close to qualifying.