Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son was invited to play for the Express North 2024 single A team, not AA. I realize he is not a top flight player and needs to improve his skills, but is a single A team and the Express North the best program for him? I don't know. Does anyone have any experience or input?

IT ALL comes down to who is coaching your child and whether your son will get meaningful reps in both practice and games

Does your son have any other options besides EN? Yes, playing time and coaching are critical but remember if your son is on the B team for the 2024 group then you should confirm that he is totally committed to getting better and his goal should be to get on the A team next season. Otherwise, you may be disappointed with losing your weekends watching below avg youth lacrosse.

Is the single A team the Darien team or is that the B team out of Katonah? Def different levels of play between the two. Ask how many players are returning from last year then find out where they went if they left. If a lot of players left and went to a different program that will tell you something. If several players moved up to the A team that will tell you something else. Then there is the question, what does your son want to do? EN 2024 (Katonah) AA is not for everyone.