Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to the 9th grader from North Rockland who just committed to Maryland..

And thanks to those parents for allowing a freshman (what is that, 15 years old) to make a huge decision long before he is really capable of doing so. Or should I say that it was great of those parents to do the right thing for their son and make that decision for him. This is not Yale so little incentive left to actually learn something in school since the only thing that will stop him from getting to Maryland is 1) failing out; and 2) jail. Yup, he can go to college and maybe graduate and have an education in only one thing, lacrosse. You have to dream.

Listen I am no lover of PT, I didn't see any d1 players on their 2019 team this fall. That said why bash a family and student whose choice is theirs not yours. I can't believe all of these people who say that a 14 year is not ready.

Think back when you were 14 did you know of any friends classmates driven to Go to a particular school. I know I did. I also know 2019's (true ones that are 14 yo) who have HS experience, have the academic drive, focus and yes a cache of schools they are targeting.

Once again, DAMN, it is their decision not yours. Stop trying to control other people's decisions. They must all make the best of where they go.

Not trying to control anyone. Free will baby. But that's the parents will, not the kids.