Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what do the various local teams do in preparation for the WSYL? I have been told Prime Time does 10 practices and 3 tourneys before the qualifier? what about Express North, 2 way and predators? does anyone have any insight? does 91 tri state try to qualify?

It's a WSYL requirement that the team roster that is trying to qualify for Denver must play together in at least 3 tournaments. So if a team adds new players after the fall they have to schedule 3 tournaments with their new players before the qualifiers in the spring. If you are not adding new players then the team probably was covered by their fall tournaments.

Its two tournaments or a league....with the WSYL being July 4th weekend most if not all of the teams will have normally played 2-4 tournaments by then. Someone mentioned that play days with in the age group count as well but i dont think those are run by a recognized third party so dont see how they count. Then again, I cant imagine wsyl checking anything.

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/rules/

All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two tournaments (outside of a WSYL event), or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event. Tournaments or Leagues must be bona fide events operated by a third party. The legitimacy of a tournament or event is up to the discretion of WSYL. WSYL reserves the right to require proof of participation in these tournaments or leagues. Players cannot be added only to participate in the World Series.