Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just heard from a PT parent that PT 2021 also got a 2020 AA Express North midfielder who reclassified.
And a 2020 PT Defenseman who also reclassified. 2021 is 9th grade, so it's not surprising and I'm sure there are a few more.

Um - no. 2021 is 8th grade!
yes as of now you are correct, but these were Summer tryouts for next year when the reclasses take effect. Our 2020 team went through it last year.

Anyone have some idea how many 2021 Primetime kids are now holdbacks/reclassed/overage? The adults in the room should be embarrassed. Exploiting kids for money, that's all it is. Funny thing is there doesn't seem to be a stigma attached to the kid who is "leftback". Maybe our overly politically correct society is to blame. Kids aren't shamed.

You are pathetic! Exploiting kids for money? Do you realize how many kids actually get money for college just for lacrosse?? Hardly anyone. AND...most private schools strongly encourage kids to repeat when going to their school for developmental purposes which has nothing to do with sports. Maybe you don't know how private schools work. Stop being jealous, if you kid isn't good enough to play with kids a year older then he probably just isn't good enough to get recruited or play at a high level, there are plenty of other teams for you. Go out and have fun. So tired of listening to all the whining about hold backs, re classed kids etc

Says the dad of the holdback who is shocked SHOCKED I TELL YOU! that people would have a philosophical issue with this. Wake up. Not one thing I have read here is anyone complaining that their kid got screwed b/c of a holdback. What they are frustrated with is that it is part of any discussion to begin with and that it is inherently becoming a game within the game.