Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express North 2021AA continues to disappoint. 0-4 at NLF this past weekend. You can hear the parent grumbling throughout Westchester.

Tough to compete without holdbacks, but the team has been very successful in my book. As a parent of a player on the team, I'm very happy with my son's development and the teams progress. If you are not, there are other programs you can try out for in a few weeks. I believe I'm in the vast majority of very happy parents on this team, we understand winning tournaments will come with our kids eventual physical maturity.

No doubt that as long as your happy with your kid's team the discussion ends right there. But the team's physical maturity will never overcome the holdback issue. If teams are of equal skill the team that is older will always dominate anywhere in the teenage years and likely into the early twenties. Also, what makes you think that there are not a bunch of 2020AA's that are going to show up as 2021AAs for tryouts? Like you pointed out, hard to compete without holdbacks so why not increase the holdbacks.

I don't think 2020AA is losing any players to play on 2021AA next year. . . .