Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because the first tournament of the summer at HHH in Pa. They got shellacked, after that the coach put the team in A level brackets. Nothing wrong with putting the kids in brackets where they will play other players comparable to their ability. Feel free to ask one of one the Ytown coaches. They are good guys building good players/team. Schreiber is doing a fantastic job at Express North.

We won our last tournament on LI beating teams that had won other tournaments, including the Edge from Canada. The team progressed more than I've seen with any other team. Good players, good coaches= fun summer. My son is more skilled, more confident and really head and shoulders above his town teammates. The time and money has been worth it. Yes, it helps to have Yorktown guys coaching the players. They know their stuff and are passionate.

This team won NLF 2021B. Stop kidding yourself. While these boys played well, they did not play the better teams that were in the A division. Stop spouting off about winning a tournament on LI. Time for a reality check.

And this is exactly what's wrong with youth lacrosse today. If you're not winning AA tournaments with a team half filled with holdbacks, then you might as well not play summer lacrosse. Otherwise the Lacrosse Daddy Police will knock you back down.

What is wrong is misleading other people about the current ability of a team. I never said lacrosse should only be played at an "AA" level. Just that you should stop exaggerating and bragging about winning a B tournament. Also, I guarantee Express North has more hold backs than any 2021 team on LI. Additionally, I understand that some kids on an "A" or "B" team will continue to grow and develop and will eventually surpass kids on "AA" teams. My only point is stop bragging and misleading readers. Only knocking you down, not your boy. Only wish the best for him and his teammates.