Originally Posted by Anonymous
No,
Is this the year John Jay takes Section 1? Ytown graduated many of their big time players. The defense will be solid with Makar (Maryland) and Morales (St. Josephs) anchoring, the Embury twins return and they'll have Dahlke (Marist) and presumably Doller (Richmond) but who else is going to score? John Jay graduated fewer contributors like Reiger and they have their own power twins with the Ford's returning and their defense is probably comparable or even better as a unit than Ytown with Adamac (Colgate), Shahe (Syracuse) and they get Burke (Duke) back. Should be an epic matchup this year.

No, Town reloads every year, doesn't matter who they lose. Jay too soft against the hard nosed gritty Yorktown kids.

Its not 2008, its 2018. JJ has plenty of talented players, maybe more than Town this year and Marr is gone. Does the new guy know what he's doing? Do the players respect him like they must have respected Marr? We all knew JJ would catch up at some point. I think Town could be a very ordinary team this year outside of their sectional schedule.

"Does the new guy know what he's doing?" He's only been an assistant at town for 12 yrs or so and took them to the state final last year. I think the players respect him.

I'm not sure how you can know the players respect a coach but my point was Marr is a Yorktown guy that players could admire as one of their own, the new guy is not. Maybe it doesn't matter. I also think its just living in the past to think "Town reloads every year" is really a factor. All of the better programs now have excellent youth programs that allow the varsity programs to restock the shelves. Heck, the best team in the section this season might be Pleasantville.

Yorktown should be almost as good as last year's team and the offense might be improved. They have three kids going to Marist (H. Embury, J. Embury & Dalke) and one kid going to a top 20 school, Richmond (Doller). They lost two UAlbany players (one MID, one ATT) so Doller replaces the UAlbany MID (Richmond/Albany a wash) so they need to replace the ATT, I think he was the lefty and the third MID. I must assume Yorktown has a lefty attackman and a third middie to throw on the field. Defense? They lost their best pole (Boyer) so that will hurt, but everyone else is back. Can Yorktown reload again in 2018? Absolutely.