Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway
then: Pride, CT Select, Rhino select, Topside, 81+10 tristate, 3D tristate, Ballers, Westchester Warriors, HOS

Big gap between 2023 PT and the north. PT beat up on the north this weekend at the lax clash 13 to 4 and beat them last week at the big h by 4 or 5 goals.

In the age groups I've seen at two LI tourneys, HOS got spanked in every game they played. These were both 'A' tourneys, so maybe they shouldn't have chosen those.

This "ranking" may be accurate but there are major levels between them. PT way up, then North and Eclipse on next level, then Preds and 2way on next level. Then, wow. There are so many "B" teams (or what Long Island considers C or D teams). Most of those teams are smart enough to stick to small tourneys like CT Cup or War Games to find similar competition but the ones that venture out of their element get slaughtered.

I agree with what you said, but its worth noting that the majority of the "B" teams are true NY 6th grade teams, meaning the large majority of players are 2005s. PT, Express N and Eclipse, due in part to having CT kids, have many 2004s, and maybe a few 2003s. The age difference means something. If these clubs would play in a 2005 division, the B teams will see nearly all of their roster eligible, while the top clubs will have to use a healthy mix of their 2023 and 2024 teams. PT, etc may still be better (who knows), because the kids are very talented, experienced and athletic, but the gap would close significantly - at least for the good B teams.

TRUE. If the club scene ever had to adhere to Sept 1st age limits like US Lacrosse, CONNY and even WSYL are doing, then PT, North and Eclipse would lose at least 50% of their players. I bet 2way with the Brunswick connection would also lose a lot of players, and Preds some as well. You make a good point-- the whole "A" vs "B" thing is totally skewed by clubs who grab older players and don't care about the morals involved. Shameful for parents to hold back kids for sports advantage yet they always justify it. Top clubs love it and claim its a necessary evil to compete against other top clubs.

My son plays on a so called A team with a total of 24 on the roster. Out of the 24 kids 4 or 5 don't make the Sept 1st deadline. That is hardly 1/2 the roster. Take the 4 or 5 kids off the team and guess what they still are a A team. They could hang and beat the most competitive teams in their grade level. It's about talent not age. Size can be intimidating but a true A player no matter how small plays big.