Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can't believe anyone can seriously try to discuss results of indoor play as to what teams are better. As far as town teams looking good, that's great for them if they can compete. Understand though that these town teams show up and play to win, even leaving players on the bench, and the stars never leaving the field. Travels teams break the teams into groups, so its not the real team, they rotate kids at any old position, and are out there to just keep the stick in their hands. The 7 vs. 7 indoor game barely resembles the the outdoor game. Anyone trying to gauge the teams from indoor play, for good or bad, may very well be way off come summer. And in the event your team does win in the summer tournaments, congatulations. Do you really need to go on a message board and tell everyone your team is better, some parents are so pathetic. When you were kids, could your dad beat up everybody else's dad?
now if we were talking boys lacrosse, I would agree with the indoor - outdoor games being very different. Girls lax , on the other hand, is a, in close to the goalie type of game be it in or outdoor . To say that a select, or elite team , that your own members tout as the best on long Island , far better than every other club, for them to lose to a town team, and for you to say that they lost because they were rotated into any old position is such a cop out that I am sure every true elite club is laughing at you. you ELITE girls should be able to beat a common town team while playing with there weak hand, on there knees blindfolded, like the Y.J's do .