Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you, I feel so fortunate that I had parents who packed a cooler each and every weekend and spend hours watching me play and never muttered a negative word towards other players, our own players or coaches. I hope I am able to do the same. This site should be used to advertise tournaments, talk about accomplishments and help get out information. Calling young ladies names is just not acceptable and down right cruel. There is good and bad throughout, just wish the good was more prevalent. I just look in amazement how fortunate and talented so many of the girls are and how this sport can enable them to gain a great education and an experience very few of us could every imagine. This is their time to shine! I look at the NCAA tournament alone, how many of the girls were from LI. How the little girls who just began to play look up to them as roles models and want to be like so many of them. I had two of my own yelling and cheering! How they cheered and were so happy when the players from NW, Syracuse, and Florida waved, took pictures, and spoke to them. Isn't that what it is all about? Young, confident, strong women who play hard and respect one another (healthy competition) when they win or the loose.

I loved everything you wrote here. However, your last line is the one that made me respond. RESPECT. The truth is some programs, like the YJ's do not respect their opponents. Their coaches don't show respect to their opponents. There is a big difference between being a better lacrosse player and being a better person. Unfortunately, that is the reputation that the YJ's have. It's all about ME - don;t care about anyone else. The TG's better be careful, learn from history, learn from mistakes. Don't become what you don't like now. Show respect, earn respect.