Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that some parents can have a good insight working with kids, of course there are a lot of really bad parents out there too. I can tolerate the idea of a parent coaching within the same club his/her child plays on, just not the same team she plays on. Parents wether highly qualified or not, donate much time at the lower levels in many sports where they are sorely needed as it is volunteer work. This is club ball, paid position and the politics of daughter and friends benefiting should be avoided at all costs. So far TG's have avoided this situation, I think on purpose. This rips teams apart at the seams, go back on this and all the other threads and you will see exactly that.
This is a crazy statement. Steve Levy is a parent coach, and coaches his daughters team. There is more than 1 girl on that team that benefits from a relationship with his daughter.

"Daddy Coach" and "Mommy Coach" syndrome should be avoided at all costs no matter how good everyone thinks he or she is, whether it be club or high school. It eliminates even the hint of impropriety. For every one where it works, there are many, many that absolutely do not and I have seen it first hand in my kids' school and club teams. Every time I get into a conversation with a parent from another community, they complain about the same thing. There are not too many exceptions that I have heard where it works fairly. Number 1 for these parent coaches is their kid.