Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
In the end, all girls end up playing with their age group.
thats false.

Are you still talking about 2019? Tell me where girls play up in the upper ages.

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

Really....why does that YJ goalie play up? 2014 team. Amongst others.

Not too familiar with YJ other than they're a solid club we really look forward to playing, just popped onto the thread to look around. We've left clubs because they play kids up...IMO, it's a terrible policy. Hurts the younger teams far more than it helps the older teams as the kids will always be more competitive against younger competition. Encourages "me too" attitude and more parents start asking to have their kids play-up too and finally, the kids who play-up usually leave the club when they try to move them back down to the correct age group because they feel like they're being demoted. Maybe YJ have solved the problems of playing kids up, who knows. My girls play M&D and to my knowledge no kids play-up.