Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's start with a complete lack of coaching experience (not saying she will not be a good coach but no one knows, great players do not always make good coaches)

Agreed, not all great players make great coaches, but some do. I am certain this is not the first time SS is having her abilities questioned. As a new TG parent, I was also skeptical of a recent college graduate's ability to form and run a top-tier lacrosse club. Seeing is believing.

First, this young woman has excelled at the highest level on an off the lacrosse field. Obviously, a few people at the college level believe she is qualified as a coach. How else would you explain her walking into Hofstra seeking an assistant's position and being offered the head coaching job as a 22-year old. Unprecedented. Do you think the new Hofstra Athletic Director was willing to take a "flyer" on a recent college graduate or did some research prior to offering her the position? Will she be an exceptional college coach? Remains to be seen.

Second, imagine your son/daughter or yourselves returning home as a college Freshman (19-year old) and announcing that you're going to form a women's travel lacrosse team. Then in four years time, your U15 team places 3rd in nationals, falling to the eventual champion by a goal in the semi-finals after defeating them in pool play. Perhaps some, including the Hofstra people, concluded that SS's formation of TG and the results to date point to an ability to (i) start something from scratch; (ii) recruit talent and (iii) coach that talent well enough to compete effectively on a national level.

Given the above, has SS proven her ability to coach / teach youth lacrosse at a high level? Absolutely.