Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do people think the 2019 team will be this year? I heard they lost a lot of players.

Had many 2020 players moved back to their age appropriate group with the one previously stated exception( which is ridiculous).That being said the team will be about the same ,possibly slightly weaker in that the girls who were moved down were the stronger younger players and had made the black team in front of the girls that were added from last years purple team.The team has a very good core group but take a significant drop off after that, not very deep.The purple team took a step backwards in that their best players were moved up and they had no depth.

What town are most of the girls from either 2019 or 2020

2020 has many from ESM and Riverhead not sure about 2019

Same exact thing happened the years before where several players played up on black and settled to their own age group as it became available. It will happen again next year. As far as towns the girls are from it is very spread out, girls from all over, no real town takeovers as is the case with some of the older teams and hopefully it stays that way.

What age are you talking about and how many from the same town is a town takeover.That being said TG youngest group 5 th graders should have an advantage somewhat each year in that you have the strongest 4 th graders playing up with the stronger 5th graders .

You are right, if you have several of the 4th graders playing up it makes that 5th grade team stronger, each year the appropiate aged girls move on and the next year they fill the void. It is hard to say if the team is stronger or weaker because girls at that age are developing at such drastically different rates. You see lackluster players return a year later on fire and superstars return and wonder what happened. Half of it is the competition is getting much stronger each year too. As far as what constitutes a town takeover, I think that at least one of the teams is about half the roster from one town. I guess it may be good to take advantage of the team chemistry someone else has taken the time to develope, but it can't be a great situation for the rest of girls on the team.