Originally Posted by Anonymous
so they will pay the 200 dollars and if they make the yellow jackets will forfeit the 200 dollars to play for them that doesnt make sense to me.

Does it really make a differrence if you pay $1400 OR $1600? fOR $200 it's worth it to hedge your bet.

That's called burning bridges. When your daughter commits, teams are formed, other girls interested in a spot on the team are let go, coaches hired, arrangements made based on this comitment. IMO nobody will do that. You have to roll the dice, if you are offered a position on any team, either you accept and that's it, or decline and try your luck somewhere else. Luckily my daughter made it on her desired team, so she doesn't have to worry about it, but. We/ she would never accept a spot on a team then bail, your affecting other players around you if you do that. With that said I'm sure someone, somewhere will pull that move, that's something others observe and it follows you.

My daughter is heading off to college afer playing YJ blue for the past 3 years. This happens every year. Parents do pay 200 to hold the spot and if they make better they jump ship. So beware, you kids team may get worse!!