Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the girls are good enough, I'm sure they can go on the 5th grade team. Just sign up for the tryouts. Worst case scenario, you paid for a two hour clinic and she knows better what to expect next year. Nothing to lose. And if enough girls did the tryouts, I'm sure that they would form a 4th grade team.

I'm not so sure they would form a forth grade team. All the tournaments, the lowest start for the pools is 6th grade. So a fifth grade team is already pushing it. But your right, forth graders can play up with the fifth graders. It's amazing the physical size difference of a fourth/fifth grade team playing against pure sixth grade teams.

Actually fifth grade is a little late to specialize in lacs. I've heard through a reliable source that most of the for profit organizations are going to begin teams starting at one year old. They've created a pacifier that doubles as a lacs stick for a small ball. The only requirement is the child needs to be able to take 4 steps without stopping and has to be potty trained so there is no number two going on during practice. Costs will be a little higher than the older girls programs but the early start is almost assurred to result in full college scholarships for all.