Originally Posted by Anonymous
HELP. My daughter was fortunate enough to make one of the 2018 teams, incoming 7th-grader. My spouse and I are debating/yelling/battling back and forth over whether the commitment is worth it at this age. Her primary concern is whether it's "too early" to make such a large time/financial commitment. She feels that it might be better to wait a year, brush up on her skills and take try again next year. My fear is that the girls that opt to play will likely improve significantly, making it more difficult for my daughter to keep up. In short, I wonder whether we're already somewhat late to the party and frankly was surprised by our invitation.

Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.

Kinda depends on how serious your kid is about lacrosse, and you're right, it is a big commitment. Assuming she is serious, I'm with you. Unless your plan to "brush-up" her skills is somehow better than playing club ball, she will lose ground to the kids that are playing year-round. Personnaly, I think 7th grade's about the right time to think about club sports. I know they start them earlier but I'm not a big fan of the practice.