Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was there too. It will be luck if the kids make it. Coaches were looking at other field during drills missing kids turns, kids didn't get to do all drills at shooting station , when they scrimmaged nobody took notes and when they were done at stations they made kids turn around to see numbers, how do they know what kids did what if they weren't paying attention half the time what about having the kids roll the balls some were good some weren't . I think the coaches were tired at the last session. It was organized and I did like how Shannon stressed academics. So if kids dont make it chalk it up to an experience and use it as a positive to work harder. Let your kid know they are good and to keep trying. It's the luck of the draw.

I wasn't there but was told the tryouts were pretty organized, so reading this I am a little confused. Does any one know who will be coaching the 2020 team, I heard it was a parent of one of the girls? Is this common, is it something other teams do?

I was there for 2020 and two other age groups, they did a great job putting them through the paces in all the tryouts. The fast flow of some of the stations did have the evaluators marking scores as next players were running drills therefor missing some of the drills, but all girls had multiple turns to run drills. As far as coach, certainly hope they don't put a parent as coach, there is enough BS with parent coaches in town and elsewhere, trying out for TG's because they don't use parents. You would think the coach from this years graduating class would pick up a young team and bring them through.

Ok, because I heard that one of the girls trying out had her father running the drills and it seemed like he was the coach, perhaps he was just evaluating, but some rumors were swirling that the coach of 2020 was coming over from a town team and his daughter was playing too. But, that is not a fact, and I am not presenting it as fact, just asking if it is true and if it is normal for parents to coach these travel teams.
What are you all complaining about? One of the founders of the club is a dad coach. What I saw that was bad was, I believe Shannons's brother was one of the evaluators, and towards the end he was confusing the girls during the drill. Other than that it was a good try out format, I would have been impressed if the chances of making the team equal for all girls.