Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Top Guns aren't sneaky? They held a full tryout, collected $35 from a bunch of girls and afterwards we heard they only had room for one 'new' player. The rest didn't make it, which was fine even though they were all quality players. They said they only were having one team for the age group... OK with that.

BUT THEN...they add a second (B) Purple team to the same age group. But instead of asking the kids who tried out the first time to start the new team, or have a second tryout, they hand picked a 2nd team from hometown West Babylon players and friends with the WB varsity coach as the coach. Does this seem fair to anyone else?

The TG parents should also let their kids know that most of their coaches are former Yellow Jackets and that's part of the reason they became the players they are.
My daughter is a 2015 player that tried out for Top Guns. She is a very good player, better than the girls that are on the top guns black team in the same position. A few months after try outs at a high school practice an older T.G. player that is close to the smith family told her that she had no chance of making that squad because the roster was already in place weeks before. I don't mind a team that secures spots for girls, most teams do. I do mind taking money from families in a bad economy that have no chance of making the team thats just dishonest. Quite frankly the team isn't that good , and she is quite happy where she is/was and wouldn't have played for them anyway. If they want to be like the Wave than just say so and stop taking peoples hard earned money and post on the site that the squad is set unless someone drops out. I also have to disagree with the statement that the the coaches that were Y.J's got to there level because of the Y.J's. They got there through hard work and practice. not because of the jersey on there back 2 months a year. Anyway good luck to you beating up B level talent.

Let's see if we all understand...
1- The team is not that good.
2- Your superstar wasn't going to play even is selected post tryout.
3- it's a tough economy.

These are your words right?

Then why try out? Why spend your hard earned money in this tough economy? Why try out for a team that is not that good?

Just trying to understand your point that's all. Would you rather all the clubs have free tryouts so folks like you (who have no intention of playing anyway...your words) can waste everyone's time?
Just wondering...