Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played for TG last year. We were not on the black team, which for many is an OK experience. Our experience on the B Team was excruciating. The facts:

1. If you are paying for travel, to me the number 1 thing you want is great coaching, so they can progress. Whether its the A team or the E team. Our team had some very capable players and TG blew an opportunity to develop them.
2. College kids may be great players but that does not make them great coaches. Our coach was cute and nice, but abysmal as a coach. My kid got zero encouragement and the coach did not even know how to use her on the field.
3. The "family" means the smith family, not yours.
4. There is no respect for league play. The girls who play for Top Guns all play league and games are on sundays. You are expected to make TG your priority and not only is missing practice (also, conincidentally, on Sundays) frowned upon but they punish the kids by ignoring them and not playing them. Travel season is the summer. Not the spring. How dare you put these kids and families in the position of having to choose you over an organization they have played with for years and will continue to play for until they graduate! It's disgustingly selfish and SCGL should send you a warning.
5. I am a customer, and I deserve decent service. If my kid isn't learning because you are not investing resources in her team when I am paying you good money to do so, I will go elsewhere.

And we did. We are now at YJ, and we love our coach, and the fact that the program actually supports putting our league first during league season - and even states that if your league is at a tournament you should play for THEM. My daughter made a great team and they value her and its obvious. It may not be the top top team, but I don't care. Our team does extra practices (not just the 10 they have to do). They work the girls hard, but are flexible with us, and we even have a team mom, who is wonderful. We are treated with respect not like cattle, or a number, or a cash cow.

We are not the only ones who feel this way.

Lack of respect
Lack of customer service.
Lack of coaching.

Bye bye TG. We don't miss you. Not even a little. And the thing is, as pissed off as I am - my poor kid had to endure that horrible year in a program that she should enjoy, that she should be proud of. Hall of shame, only place for you, TG.

Last time I checked WE didn't play your daughter played .....you watched and complained and probably got carded from the stands!