Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would they offer private tryouts (if they do)? It should not matter if a girl is on vacation, seems a bit unfair if you ask me! There were plenty of girls at the tryouts to make two solid teams at each level! Must be the "connected" ones that get the private tryout!!!

Families plan trips before tryout dates are posted.

My guess is that an alternate tryout date (and I have no idea if there actually is one) would be for a girl who is a known quantity, ie. played for the club the prior year.

What is a known quantity?

I would think a known quantity would be a player who's abilities are known to the evaluators. These abilities could be known for several reasons such as, 1-A previous player from the club team, 2-A player who has played with or against an evaluator during their spring season or 3-A player who is known by evaluators or other coaches to have some talent. This type of private make up tryout is extremely common throughout all club sports at all levels. Nothing to raise any eyebrows over. Good Luck

The other half of the known quantity is the parent/family. With club ball they are bringing in the player, mom, dad etc... tryouts don't show off the parents ability to nag the coaches for playing time or scream at refs and players on the field, or stirring pots on threads. Existing players with well behaved parents are a plus. Nobody, club or existing parents wants baggage.