Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw the 2020 black roster! I only know a few of the girls but I'm sure it's going to be a good team! So congrats to all the girls and we are looking forward to a great season! smile

The first year teams at TG seems to attract better and better players each year, it is very competitive and getting much harder to break into on black and even on purple. The club is without a doubt building a very strong base with the quality of the younger teams. The days of starting young to get a foot in the door are now gone with this club. Good luck to all the girls who made it. To all the other girls, keep working hard and have another crack at it next year and good luck to you wherever you decide to play this year.

Give me a break ,you really need a reality check.The first year kids are 8 9 10 years old ,you have no idea what type of player they will develop into.Every club is getting better kids trying out young because kids are staring earlier and the sport is growing.

My experience is you can easily spot talent at this age. Will puberty spring a few kids? yeah, will other athletic kids start later and rise straight to the top? Yes. But I have seen this with all my kids in all the sports they play and it repeats itself over and over with only a few kids as exceptions, so yes you can definitaly spot athelets and talent at this age. Most either have "it" or not. "It" canot be taYught or trained, it is inside the kid. If your daughter has been playing on average as long as others her age and your waiting for her to develope into that high level standout, you very well may be dissappointed, but it does happen in a blue moon, good luck.

What a complete tool. Any parent who has any lacrosse knowledge or a descent coach can take a kid who is average athletically and make them into one of the better players in this age group.Over half the kids that make the black team will not be on that team by the time they are in 9 grade.The team a year older has kids who are more athletic and were more advanced at the same age, matter of fact the best 2020 player is on the 2019 probably because the coaches realize that younger group needs a lot of work and she would have no one of equal ability.My experience is that blow hards like you usually have no idea what they are talking about and their kids either burn out or are average at best.

Come on - is it really necessary to rip this team apart before they have even had a chance to play together? Many of these kids are young and this is their first time playing travel lax.

Exactly my point but you have no problem with the parent of one of the kids on the team acting as if he is the greatest talent scout ,stating most either have it or not blah blah blah,get over yourself and I feel bad for his daughter if that is what he is telling her.You should be very Leary with parents like that on your child's team probably the same moron who felt he could pick and choose the better kids to play in the Hofstra tourney.