Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PErhaps its remotely possible that kids that are on the other squads just want to play? Shouldn't they also have a place to go? If you haven't noticed there is not much out there in the higher 16/17 age groups for girls lacrosse. Some girls do love the game, and would like to play more than just school.

Godd point! Not every kid plays travel lax because they "are trying to earn a scholarship"! What happened to the days of playing travel because you wanted to play during the summer? It is sad that the attitude is that "it is a waste of time" if your kid is not on an "A" team. Everyone has a right to play. Just spend your money wisely!

This is certainly possible, and if thats your case, that's great. Yet Im sure when 100 plus girls try out for an age group for a yj or tg team, they are hoping to land as high as they can. So back to my original question, if your daughter makes the 3rd, 4th or fifth team in one of these organizations, what is the likelyhood of moving up. I'm looking for a real example, no names, just if it happens. And I'm not talking theretical, I can answer that myself. Has it been done? How far back (3rd team 5th team) and how many years did it take. (because some girls do love to play and hope to go to a higher level)