Don't worry about the age group. I have friends from my town that I know very well in every age group except two with black and purple players. They would all agree with me . Remember this program is still growing I may be wrong but I believe it is going into its 4th year and seems to be heading in the right direction. I can only speak about what I have seen and experienced. My daughters have never played for any other program so I cant compare one to another. All I know about other programs is what I hear from the rumor mill and all of that I pay no attention to. I wish you well in your decision and hope you choose a program that works best for your daughter and your family. I have no regrets on my decision for my girls to play top guns. In year two of my older daughters team there was a big turnover of players. All the new girls and families were welcomed by everyone ! My daughter has made great friendships with all of the new players which has me driving 40 minutes each way for sleepovers and parties. If that is my biggest problem with her playing I guess I have it pretty good!