Originally Posted by Anonymous
What planet are you on if you can't make it on YJ then you go to TG

Actually, it's becoming the exact opposite...tryout for TG in August. If you don't make the team you were hoping for, go to YJ in October, and take what they offer. And there's nothing wrong with that. Overall they're the best two programs on L.I. Go with what's best for your daughter, and be happy.

You should have at least one team win a significant tournament ie national championship type tournaments before you start declaring yourself one of the top programs in the nation
This poster did say on long Island , and as far as National championships go thats just a silly statement on your part. It was a good experience, and I am glad my daughter had a chance to attend, but the truth is that it is far from a real national championship. Most of the best teams , up until now haven't even entered the qualifying rounds, and there was no qualifying rounds in the to biggest hot beds of L.Il. and MD. until all the top clubs are competing for that crown it is just a fun experience . We all know your a Y.J. parent or player so let me say this, as soon as one of the better MD. clubs came along they beat you two of your teams easily . As a matter of fact you were not able to beat S.W. at any point during the summer with any team, something Top Guns did. nor were you able to beat MD, so stop tooting your horn so loudly, your not the best club in the nation either, and soon not to be the best club on long Island either. There are lots of Y.J.s at other club try outs looking to jump because of your lousy antics on and off the field. And by the way My daughter plays for neither T.G. nor Y.J. so i have no dog in this fight. Let me end my little soliloquy with this . I assume you bring up national championships up because you are in the older age groups, and we all shell out all this money so our daughters can get a toe hold in there chosen colleges, so the real question becomes: How much help are the directors of each club giving there players towards that end. After 3,4,5 years of dues ,hats, bags , bee laden billboard shirts meant to publicize some one else's business endeavor through your wallet, years of protecting the good name of Carol Rose , Shannon Smith, or Steve levy, how much work are these people putting in to help your daughter get to there dream, or do they have there hand out for more?