Originally Posted by Anonymous
Say what you want but YJ coaching for the most part and especially with their top teams is much better. My daughter is also a transfer and there is no comparison the coaching at her age on YJ is fantastic. That being said I actually think the talent on the top TG team in the age group is better so if the saying holds about playing with better kids holds true it's a toss up between which team would help her improve more. I coach a younger level town team and have to say I now watch every minute of her YJ practices ,I have learned more from these 3 practices coaching wise than I did all of last year. YJ practices have a lot of team drills and team concepts while the TG practices almost seemed to be a try-out with 1 on 1 etc and individual concepts.Just my experience so far.

I can appreciate that, but it also brings forth the following question.. Am I letting my daughter play travel lacrosse so that the “Team” can get better or for “her” to get better? I don’t have the answer but I’m curious about other opinions

Here is something I am sure of, a very good coach can take a less talented team, get em coached up and easily beat a much more indkividually talented team with bad coaching.

Absolutely, but is team success all that important in your travel experience? It's been said on here many times that colleges don't recruit teams they recruit players..FWIW, I think playing on a team with other very good players, improving personally, having a little fun, is the main goal, wins and losses are nice, but in most tournaments they don't even keep score! Only us parents know who wins and loses.