Originally Posted by Anonymous
People, you are being played the fool. SS is already heavily involved at Hofstra, she does not have time for you and it's only going to get worse as SS establishes herself as head coach of a D1 program.

You're just another hater, and you don't know what you're talking about. It's very common for college coaches to run successful travel sports programs, especially in soccer. It will happen more and more in lacrosse too, over time. Just be concerned with your own program, and make sure your daughter is having fun, and getting better and learning some solid life lessons - all due to solid coaching. That's what's important.

While I agree ,you have some life lesson problems on the younger end of your program.Take a look at the coaches bios on your web site and tell me who does not fit in with the rest.We have a chance to make the best program in the country but of course you can see politics already a concern.I hope the above about SS is way off the mark but I cannot help but feel she dropped the ball not taking control of her youngest team and allowing a parent to pick and choose who he wanted to invite to the first tournament ever for the TG 2020.Some of that groups first experience with TG will make them cautious about how TG is run.

It's my understanding that the group of kids that played as 2020 TG in Hofstra tournament were all girls who played on 2019 teams last year and wanted to play together to have FUN and show support for SS and her Hofstra program, nothing more, nothing less, so lets move on! This wasn't a group of 15-16 kids running down to Maryland to play in an elite tournament, but not wanting to invite the entire team (see yj thread for that type of behavior). It's not like this team has been together for years and everyone knows each other, I'm sure in the future they would be happy to invite everyone and make two teams for these 7V7 tournaments.

Your understanding is wrong and kids who were not on team last year were involved so do not act like it is much different from what you read over on yj site, as a matter of fact it is exactly the same except the location of the tournament .Whoever informed you of the facts lied to your face,obviously it has been divisive or the people who I talked to would not have felt sp strongly .
if rosters have not been posted how is it that a parent would have all the names and contact information of the kids on the team anyway? this entire thing seems like much to do about nothing

Can we please put this to rest and not even address any more posts. If parents can't understand that this tournament was for fundraising and teams were put together by other parents, shame on them. They had the opportunity to put a team together and enter anyone they wanted to. If they did not have any contacts they could have contacted the director of the tournament to see if they can be placed with a team. Many families did just that and were placed on a team after PARENTS stepped up to volunteer and help out. If you are so sour about it please don't come to TG.

One additional note, put into perspective your daughter is 10/11 years old. She has many years of playing lax ahead of her. Think about putting a team in of your own for 7v7 om November. They welcome more teams.....again it is a fundraiser!