Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cage Sage - What's your opinion on how this will affect the Top Guns program?
Let me answer this question with another question.

There are plenty of "professional lacrosse coaches" that have other jobs. Whether a school teacher who augments their salary through club or High School coaching or a business man who runs an elite program during the summer, the individual balances both careers/roles. Do their "main jobs" impact their club programs?

There is nothing here that immediately suggests any impact to the Top Guns program. In fact, one could argue that Coach Smith's Long Island residency during the 30-weeks of class sessions will actually augment the Top Guns program.

Could the talent from the Top Guns have a pipeline from club ball into Hofstra's program? Certainly.

As a very proud yellow jacket parent, let me just say that I wish Smith the best of luck at Hofstra. I think it's great that long island has some really good choices for people that want to stay local. And I honestly believe that she will draw some good athletes to Hofstra. I teach my kids that when someone is knocking someone else down it's usually only to make themselves look better...I think that pertains to both sides here. Can we all grow up a little and show the kids that read these boards, and they do, what is really important here. Best of luck to Smith at Hofstra!