Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do think it's funny that Hofstra only recruited 2014 from TG I guess it just goes to show you the real reason people play TG. A subpar school is an understatement and realistically what experience does a 22 year old have that makes her suitable to coach the college level.
Let's start with the academics at Hofstra University. With increasing SAT Board Scores and increasing application rates, Hofstra has continued to diversify its base pulling more than half the student body from outside New [lacrosse] at this point.

The introduction of the medical school has led the University to invest heavily in the undergraduate science programs including the laboratory sciences. More than $5M is being invested in the new College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (carved from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences). From a post-graduate perspective, the Physician's Assistants program is just one of the medical disciplines that you are now seeing emerge. Expect a nursing program to emerge within the next two years.

Yes, the medical school did come at the expense of their continued funding of the Division I football program, however from an academic perspective, the investment is well placed.

Turning to lacrosse, you are incorrect that Coach Smith exclusively recruited Long Island or the Top Guns program. You need to find a new source for your information as we have the on-the-ground story for the entering Class of 2014.

As for the experience question, if this is a major issue for you, do not send your child to Hofstra to participate in WLAX. Taking this approach frees you from worrying about how the recruitment moves forward.