Originally Posted by Anonymous
When we signed up TG claimed that they did not look at black and purple as A and B, but their goal was to have two competitive teams. This was not what they got - at least for our year. Purple was not even competitive at most of the tournaments - meanwhile black was always in the finals. Given their philosophy we really were scrathing our heads over why they even bothered having purple - and then not coaching it and trying to develop it. Maybe this has been different for other years - but this was our experience.

I'm sure they WANT two competitive teams. However, in travel lax, all the best players need to be on the top team, in order to compete at tournaments. I'm surprised they would tell you differently. What was their response when you reminded them about what they told you?

Every purple player should realize, going in, that you're the 2nd team, and therefore will NOT be treated exactly the same. Either go somewhere else, or make the best of it, work hard, and try to get better, and make black the following year.

I do think it depends on the age group, as you said. Groups with many girls to pick from should have a better chance to field a competitive purple team. I heard 2019 had very few girls, while 2017 got to pick the top 45 of about 70 players.