Originally Posted by Anonymous
Given the above ,no she has not proven anything and your reasoning is silly.Because she was hired as a coach you make the assumption that she must be a good coach,you even end it stating it remains to be seen.Do you think the U15 team making it to the semis could be attributed more to the depth of talent on long island considering the YJ 2 team made it to the finals.The one thing she has proven is that she is a great player although according to you that would prove that the YJ must have the best coaching around because they are the club she trained with(do not believe this to be true).For my money DG is best coach on the island until someone proves differently.

We can debate back and forth on her qualifications as a coach. Were CR and DG 19 years of age when they started YJ and Liberty, respectively? I highly doubt it. Clearly, the LI talent pool helps ... but it helps all existing LI clubs, not just TG. The reality is that YJ, Liberty, Express, Elevate, LI Wave were all around before SS started TG. So she had to compete for talent with more established organization, run by adults as opposed to a teenager.

If memory serves correctly, TG played the U15 champions "Skywalkers" twice, defeating them by a goal in pool play and losing by a goal in the semifinals. YJ 2 was blown out in the finals.

Bottom line, SS has built a top-flight club able to compete effectively with YJ, Liberty, Express etc.

Her abilities as a player have far more to do with the efforts of SS and Bill Smith than anything CR ever did.

Here is your problem ,you will not give any credit to SS YJ training for her playing ability ,yet you want to give SS all the credit for her TG teams playing ability, can't have it both ways.If memory serves me correctly your TG teams have never won a national championship caliber tournament. Giving her credit for wanting to cash in on her name at such a young age everyone knows it's her dad who runs the organization and all he has done is attempted to copy CR and DG model.Give credit to the pioneers not the copy cat.

Thats where the problem is they can't. SS was no star when she started playing YJ in 5-6th grade. She played YJ for at least 6 years and NO don't believe I ever saw dad coach and help her on any YJ teams throughout her career. You cant tell the readers that YJ had absolutely nothing to do with her development that's simply wrong.

The TG program developed by mom and dad using her name. Only time will tell how good she really is as a coach. Her record 0-0-0 stands for itself. She has her work cut out for her and is way behind in recruiting 2014 class Stonybrook appears to have to leg up on long island. Good luck to all.

Okay let's apply your thinking, if you want to give the yjs credit for all of ss training and accomplishments go right ahead, but using that logic we should have several thousand girls performing at the level she has, which is not the case. The deal is, she is an exceptional athlete in many sports with a drive and desire very rarely seen. I have no doubt she would have become one of the most accomplished and decorated playyers in the history of the sport had she opted to play for Liberty or ppretty much anyone else. Clubs don't make great players, she is an extremely athletic girl with an amazing work ethic and drive, if your daughhter doesn't bring that to the table, no club in the world is going to turn her into the next SS.