Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
wow Yj parents checking topgun rosters. what does that say? Isn't that funny. lol

Rosters of both YG and TG 2015 teams are at 24-25 kids... That is way too many kids to carry on a travel lax team...I am more concerned w/ playing time vs which program they are playing with.... That is how kids improve, by playing, not watching....

I disagree. First of all, not all people make every tournament so it's rare the full roster is in attendance. Second, injuries. Third, these are tournament teams, by definition they are playing at least two games a day but often more, and given the season, chances are the heat and humidity make it brutal. Hence, subbing happens and it's good to have a bench.

Obviously a difference of opinion but I would hate to be a parent of child #24 or #25 at an "elite" tournament...where the team is in the hunt for a tourny championship..only thing good about the bench is that those bottom 4-5 kids will be sitting on it and the parents will be wondering what they paid all that $ for...

My daughter's been on several different tournament teams, I have seen the depth of roster win tournaments and have been on both sides of the discussion. I remember she played in a tournament with a limited number of subs, made it through pool play and early playoff games, but the girls were a bit spent by the time the championship final game came around. Unfortunately they lost a tight one and there is no doubt it was because they were spent and the other team was fresh because of the use of subs. This is how the elite tournament teams are structured and built on purpose. But look at it this way, these elite teams nearly always make it through pool play and rather far into playoff play, so in a tournament they play many more games than a weak team getting beat in the pool play and going home before the playoffs begin. So by the end of the tournament the girls end up with more field time then the team with no subs who went home early. So long as the girls are getting rotated in and not sitting on the bench, it's all good.

Maybe TG should have made 3 teams.